Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Surprise!

I've been thinking...............about starting a blog for awhile now. Actually, I am feeling peer pressure. I don't fit in with the "blog crowd". I attend sunday school and ladies activities and when the conversation turns to blogging I am lost. Out of curiosity I recently visited my first blog sight. I realized that I did enjoy reading others blogs. I simply have not felt that I had anything important or interesting to say. I wish I could blog updates on how my triathalon training is going like my amazing athletic friends are. BUT, the Tae Bo videos did not produce the amazing results I had hoped for (and paid for). Due to the nature of my work I considered a blog on, " 100 secrets I've heard this year". I guarantee it would keep you on the edge of your seat but would likely land me in the unemployment line (and in court). I spent a great deal of time debating what template style and title to use for my blog. The process of making such big decisions was a bit stressful for me. I don't think that's a good sign. I am exicted about re-connecting with old friends and growing closer to new friends via this blog. Life has gotten so busy and I feel so out of touch with so many people. I am finding myself wanting to find ways to SIMPLIFY my life. I'm not sure if it's my age or just exhaustion from the business of life. I feel a need to find ways to focus on the truly important things in life. For me that is people. I suppose that is my biggest motivation in starting this blog.

Thanks to my friend Kelley for walking me through "Blogging 101". I'd still be working on signing in without her help :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Kelley said...

I think it's only fair that I get to be your first comment since I helped you get started. I think you will be great blogger and people will love reading your insights. I know I will. Don't give up till you give it a fair try! We need to go in and change your settings for comments. you won't get as many if you only allow bloggers. Many people comment who don't have accounts as anonymous. We can do that real quick some time. Well, I can't wait till your next post! :)

6:25 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

just wanted to let you know I stopped by (if you check out my latest post, you'll understand what that means, I had to write it,) and HOLY COW YOU HAVE A BLOG! I was shocked to see you on Kelley's links - I will have Jason add you to my links as soon as possible. Welcome to the blog world!!!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Jaena said...

What a great surprise, Missy! I look forward to your daily posts...right? Just kidding, I will check daily but will still be a regular reader even if there is no new post.

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had a blog.
Isn't Kelley the "gratest"?

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home